Pork Chop Barbecue Pouches
What I love about this meal is, you have everything in one package and there is no mess, and everyone gets their own pouch. If you like barbecue season then this meal will give you the taste of that but cooked indoors on a cold evening. If you don't eat pork chops you can use whatever your favourite meat is or no meat at all use all vegetables.
Picking the right cut of meat always is important when it comes to meal time, I always like a little marbling (fat) on the pork because it offers a little more favour and its not dry.
If you don't like onions use onion powder and use a different vegetable you like.
These vegetables I selected is my favourite and I pretty well use these for most of my one meal dishes, if you like a different selection that is ok.
I'm going to share with you another link to more delicious ideas on meals you may like to try.
I will share one more link to a meal for you, I have over 100 recipe ideas on this website but unless you know what you are looking for you may not look for it.
Thank you for taking the time to look over these recipes and of course my Pork Chop Barbecue Pouches, please continue on to that recipe.
Before you go I will share the link to my Cookbook available on amazon and through this link. http://www.bonitaskitchen.com/cookbook
- Pork Chops - 2 any cut
- Potato - 1 sliced
- Carrots - 2 sliced
- Turnip or Rutabaga - 1 sliced
- Onion - 1 sliced
- Barbecue Sauce - as needed
- Sea salt - as needed
- Pepper - as needed
- Thyme - fresh
2 sheets parchment paper
2 sheets foil wrap
- Wash pork chops and place on a plate.
- Have supplies ready to use.
- Pre-heat oven to 350º set timer to 60 minutes or a little more depending on your oven.
- Have all vegetables peeled, washed and cut ready to go.
- Place one pork chop on the sheet of parchment paper and season with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, and barbecue sauce.
- Start to layer onions or onion powder, turnip, carrots, potatoes and top with fresh thyme and more seasons.
- Then fold the parchment paper together and fold down wards, until tight. Then continue on with the sides following the same method.
- Then follow the same method with the foil wrap, after place on a baking sheet, place in your oven on the set temperature for the allotted time.
- Single servings, when cooked place on a plate you can leave in pouch or pour on plate.
Pork Chop Barbecue Pouches
If you are looking for something quick and easy to make for dinner, look no further. This meal in a pouch is the ideal meal for one person and it will give you a little taste of the BBQ season. Everyone is always thinking the same thing ” what am I going to make for supper” right!
Over the years I guess my cooking skills have become more about thinking smart and cooking a home style meal for my family. It don’t have to be stressful your time spent in the kitchen should be peaceful. When you look at it we do spend more time in the kitchen then anywhere else in our house. Start a meal plan for the new year and post it on your fridge, and pick up the groceries you need to complete the task.
Something like this;
Wednesday: Traditional Newfoundland Cod au Gratin
Friday: Could be take out or homemade pizza night.
Of course it don’t have to be my recipes but you can start there.
Whats so good about using my recipes you are getting the whole package, video and recipe plus a step by step tutorial and my help if you need it. That how easy it is to start a meal plan and the next big step is to follow it and of course have your family chip in to peel vegetables or clean. I will share photos of the recipe links I shared with you to start your own meal plan.
I hope you found this list of recipe ideas helpful for you today, so from my kitchen to yours.
Enjoy and have a lovely dayAdd to Favourites