Traditional Newfoundland Leftover Turkey Pie
This delicious leftover turkey pie is made from all your leftovers from your boiled dinner or jiggs dinner. When you use your leftovers for a new meal it makes you feel good. If you don't have any leftovers all you need to do is boil your vegetables in some sea salt water, then make some stuffing and bake in the over or stove top stuffing will work great.
This leftover turkey pie must be making you hungry now, continue on to the final steps of this delicious leftover turkey pie.
Spreading the mashed potato all around the pie and smooth it down to flatten the potatoes.
I will share with you a couple more recipes you may like to check out before you go the recipe for Leftover Turkey Pie.
Please check out my Cookbook that was released in February 2017. http://www.bonitaskitchen.com/cookbook
- Turkey - 2-3 Cups Cooked Chopped
- Potatoes - 5-6 Each
- Mixed Vegetables - 1-2 Cups
- Stuffing ( Dressing ) - 2-3 Cups
- Gravy - 1-2 Cups
- Onions - 1/4 Cup Cooked or uncooked & Chopped
- Sea Salt - Pinch
- Pepper - Pinch as needed
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Milk - 1/4 Cup
- Egg White - 1 Each
- Vegetable Broth - 1/4 Cup
I'll start this recipe method with these ingredients we are using is leftovers, except the salt, pepper, onions, butter and milk
1. Start with in a bowl mash your potatoes with butter, milk and pinch of sea salt.
2. Then chop the turkey in small pieces, then place in a bowl add onions, 1 cup gravy and a pinch of pepper.
3. Now you will need a pie pan, then start layering your leftovers.
4. First layer, stuffing also called dressing, before you do add about 1/4 cup vegetable broth to the stuffing to make it moist.
5. Then a layer of mixed vegetables.
6. Next step a layer of turkey mixture.
7. Then top it off with mash potatoes, then brush egg white mixed with a drop of water over the potatoes.
8. Bake in a 350° oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown, depending on your oven.
Serve with hot gravy and a side of cranberry sauce, fresh bread.
Sometime knowing what to make is the hardest part of cooking, when you got a plan or at less a idea you can make sometime great. This is why I love using my leftovers to make other meals, casserole dishes is always a winning in my house. But when it comes to stuffing, turkey and gravy it always goes over good too, if you put it all together in one dish you are a rock star. 🙂
Making a plan is another good way to start a menu for the week, for example when you take out a chicken to cook think what else can I make with the leftovers.
I will share with you another great dinner idea your family will love and save it in your favourites for next time you are wondering what to make for dinner.
I hope you found these recipes helpful for you today, I know how hard it is to make a lovely meal for your family. Turkey is the type of meal you can make so many different meals with, take advantage of that when you cook your next turkey. I have a lovely Turkey Soup recipe here as well you can check it out.
Thank you for taking the time today to check out my website and to read my blog, and enjoy the extra recipes I have shared with you. Its because of you I love sharing my quick and easy homemade meals with you. Please leave me a message before you go and let me know what you would like to see made and recorded on a beautiful video. FROM MY KITCHEN TO YOURS, have a wonderful day.Add to Favourites