Traditional Newfoundland Pan Fried Pond Trout
pond trout are a lot smaller then lake trout, but what I love about these you don't have to cut the trout in filets you can fry them just like they are, small and with their tails on.
I can share with you my Homemade bread recipe just incase you would like to make some to have with your Pan Fried Pond Trout.
I also have my new cookbook available with this recipe for Newfoundland Homemade White Bread and many more delicious recipes, this is a link to my cookbook or just send me a message and purchase one through me I would love to send you a signed copy.
Please continue on to the recipe for Traditional Newfoundland Pan Fried Pond Trout.
- Pond Trout - 4-6 each
- Flour - 1 Cup
- Sea Salt - As needed
- Black Pepper - As needed
- Fat Pork - 1/2 Cup
- Lemon - Wedges
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Oil - As needed
1. Fresh pond trout, cleaned and washed good.
2. Then place on a plate and lightly season with sea salt and black pepper.
3. In another plate put flour and more sea salt and black pepper mix well together with hand.
4. You will need a cast iron pan or non-stick pan to fry your trout in.
5. Next cut in chucks your fat pork and lemon wedges, set aside until ready to use.
6. Start the heat on your frying pan and add fat pork, oil and butter.
7. When fat pork starts to cook, then roll you trout in flour and seasonings then tap some flour off and add trout to frying pan.
8. Fry for five minutes on each side or until golden brown and inside starts to go a light pink.
9. After cooked place pan trout on a plate and squeeze freshly squeezed lemon juice over each one.
10. Continue frying repeating the steps until all trout is cooked and a nice golden brown, serve with fresh baked homemade bread with butter and a cup of tea.
I don’t know where to start with this delicious recipe, I would love for everyone to have access to a beautiful pond and to be able to have a lovely day catching trout.
I always love to use the term, this is as good as it’s gets, because having a day that makes you feel like you was at a spa who can ask for more. This episode of Bonita’s Kitchen was partly video by a beautiful road side pond with tones of little and big pond trout. I would have loved to stay there longer but we had a video to do and I wanted to share this beautiful day with all of you.
My sister Pauline is a Certified Chef and have been working at a local cafe for a long time and enjoys every minute of it, I was so pleased to have her cook with me on Bonita’s Kitchen. 🤗
My husdand is my right hand man if not for him I would not be able to give you these beautiful videos and scenic shots, a big thank you to RM Productions.
So if you haven’t already done so go look at this video for Traditional Newfoundland Pan Fried Pond Trout, it will make you hungry so make yourself a snack. I also would like to thank each one of you for subscribing to my Youtube channel and sending me your requests for Traditional Newfoundland recipes. Its because of you I love my work and giving you a little taste of home, from my kitchen to yours have a wonderful day.Add to Favourites