Traditional Newfoundland Rhubarb and Strawberry Cobbler
Rhubarb is a forgotten fruit and I can't tell you how delicious this is, I have totally cleaned out all of my moms rhubarb from her garden. I have spent the last two weeks making jams, cobblers, and rhubarb relish.
I will share with you the links to those delicious recipes so you can try them.
These two recipes are so delicious and not a lot of work, please give them a try. Also I'm going to share the link to my new cookbook just released in February 2017 it got the recipe for Rhubarb and Strawberry Jam in it and so much more.
Please continue on to the recipe for Rhubarb and Strawberry Cobbler. Enjoy 🤗
- Rhubarb - 3 Cups
- Strawberries - 2 Cups
- Sugar - 1 Cup
- Lemon Juice - 1 Tsp
- Lemon Zest - Few grates
- Cornstarch - 1 Tbsp
- Flour - 2 Cups
- Butter - 1 Cup
- Sugar - 1/2 Cup
- Eggs - 2 Large
- Baking Powder - 2 Tsp
- Vanilla - 1 Tsp
- Sea Salt - Pinch
- Evaporated Milk - 3/4 Cup more if needed
- Carnation Thick Cream - 1 Can or Whip Cream
1. In small bowl toss together rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and zest ,cornstarch.
2. Then spread all your rhubarb mixture in a pre-grease 13 inch square pan or 9 inch pan.
1. In a medium bowl cream together butter and sugar then add vanilla, egg, continue mixing everything together.
2. Sift in flour ,baking powder, and salt into mixture continue mixing then add evaporated milk or cream until all combined. 3. Then spread all your batter smoothing over the rhubarb and strawberry mixture.
4. Place in a pre-heated 350° oven for 40 to 60 minutes depending on your oven or until golden brown.
5. When baked remove from oven cover with a place of foil wrap let set for about 5 minutes or serve hot with carnation thick cream, whipped cream or ice cream.
Whatever you would like to have.
Rhubarb is one of my favourite, I love to eat it straight from the garden with a bowl of sugar to dip the rhubarb in. This rhubarb was planted by my Dad many years ago and it just spread throughout their garden. I have taken a few roots to plant in my garden but it’s not big enough yet to pick, maybe next year.
I can go on talking about how delicious rhubarb is but I know if you had them before you will agree. I just finished bottling ten rhubarb relish, eight rhubarb and strawberry jam, then made some rhubarb and Strawberry cobbler from the rhubarb I picked at my mom’s place.Add to Favourites