Sweet and Sour Meatballs with Steamed Rice
There are so many ways to make sweet and sour meatballs and I'm sure mine may not measure up to others, but I must say this recipe taste delicious and I'm thinking you will like it. I'm going to share with you a few more links to some quick and easy recipes that will work into your busy schedule.
its not a meat dish but it will go really well with a side of steamed rice.
Planning on having some family over for dinner this is another favourite recipe of my husbands and he have been making this one for years as well.
I'm going to share with you my new cookbook just released in February of this year.
Please continue on to my recipe for Sweet and Sour Meatballs and Steamed Rice. Enjoy
- Lean Ground Beef - 1 Ib
- SeaSalt - Pinch
- Garlic Powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Onion Powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Flour - 1 Cup
- Black Pepper - Pinch
- Steamed Rice:
- Rice - 1 Cup of choice
- Water - 2 Cups
- SeaSalt - 1/2 Tsp or few grates
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- Water - 1 Cup
- White vinegar - 1/2 Cup
- Ketchup - 4 Tbsp
- Brown Sugar - 1 Cup
- SeaSalt - Pinch
- Cornstarch - 1 Tbsp
- Red Food Colouring - 1 Pinch ( Optional )
1. Rinse water over lean ground beef and place in a bowl.
2. Start adding all the ingredients and mix it through, don't over work.
3. Roll all ground beef into small round balls.
4. You will need a bowl for your flour and add all the meatballs and coat them with the flour.
5. In a large frying pan add oil of choice and some meatballs and start frying them until they start to brown and part cooked.
6. Then remove from frying pan and place in a pot with lid, set aside until you make your sweet and sour sauce.
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
1. In a medium saucepan add all your ingredients except the cornstarch.
2. Bring sauce to a rolling boil and mix together your cornstarch and 1/4 cup water then add to saucepan continue stirring.
3. After pour all sauce over your meatballs and place Ina 350° oven for 30 minutes.
1. In a small saucepan add 1/2 tsp sea salt or a few grates, and two cups of water bring to a boil.
2. After add one cup of rice stirring occasionally then keep lid on and turn heat to low.
3. When rice is almost all cooked add one tbsp of butter mix through and put cover back on.
This meal was requested by one of our viewers and over the next few months I’m hoping to make more meals that are Non- Traditional Newfoundland recipes so I can help you continue enjoying making your own home cooked meals. I will continue making our Traditional Newfoundland recipes so please keep in mind when sending in your requests they will also include our cultural foods.
This meal is quick and easy to make and I kept in mind that people don’t have a lot of time to cook, so if you like to do the prep work and after put in your slow cooker to complete. Then when you get home from work all you would need to do is your rice and that’s only 5 to 10 minutes.
Maybe you would like to make this delicious meat loaf recipe my husband have been making for years.
I’m all about trying to make life a little easier by sharing with you, recipes that worked for our moms and dads so they got to work for us. Everyone is working more hours now and they order in more, I’m hoping to change that by giving you this delicious recipes that could be prepared the night before and then pop it in your oven or slow cooker after work or before work. We need to get back in the kitchen and make delicious and healthy meals that the whole family can help with. I hope that these recipes I have shared with you will help with that, thank you once again for taking the time to visit my website and read my blog.
From my kitchen to yours have a lovely day.Add to Favourites