Traditional Newfoundland Cod Casserole
I have more delicious cod meals available if you like to try them.
These are a few cod recipes you can check out.
- Cod fillets - 6 Pieces
- Onion - 1 Medium chopped
- Bread crumbs - 2 1/2 Cups Stall
- Savoury - 2 Tsp
- Sea Salt - 1/2 Tsp
- Black Pepper - 1/2 Tsp
- Olive Oil - Drizzle
- Onion Seasoning - 1 Tsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
1. Clean and dry your cod fillets, only use deboned cod.
2. In a medium bowl add your stall bread crumbs, butter, savoury, chopped medium onion and salt, pepper.
3. Mix all together with your hands until every ingredient is blended together.
4. Get a casserole dish or small roaster with cover, start adding your cod to the bottom, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, then a layer of dressing ( stuffing).
5. Continue doing this layering your, cod and dressing ( stuffing ) until all used. Then bake for 30 minutes covered in a 350° oven then 15 minutes uncovered in a 350° oven.
6. When baked remove from oven serve with fresh veggies and potatoes, or a side of toss salad.
Thank you to my aunt Clara for sharing her recipe with me and making it possible to bring it to you. This is a delicious recipe for a middle of the week meal or entertaining with friends and family.
This recipe was given to me by my Aunt Clara she have been making this recipe for years for her family. I was so delighted by the ingredients and how quick and easy it was to make I couldn’t wait to share it with everyone else.
My Aunt Clara is a lovely cook and have been making some delicious seafood meals for her family and a lot of visitors as well for years. I’m so glad she shared this recipe with me, anyway back to this delicious quick and easy meal that your family will love, that’s if they love cod.
When making this dish use fresh cod or if you are using frozen cod let it thaw first pat it dry and then follow this recipe. Frozen fish or frozen berries they release a lot of liquid when they start to thaw so diffently remove it.
If you like deep fried cod with French fry sand dressing you will love making this meal. Ok” it’s not deep fried but it is a combination of cod and dressing together and the best part it’s baked.
also if you would like to have homemade fries with it and make a side of gravy go ahead it’s your meal and you can make it the way you like it.
I served mine with a side of vegetables and potatoes with no gravy. This baked cod casserole dish is nice a moist and it got a crispy top layer that is so tasty it’s hard to have only one serving.
So many delicious cod recipes out there made by many people all over the world, but I do believe growing up in a little community in Newfoundland you just can’t beat the Atlantic Cod and the way the east coast people have cooked it. I know their are people out there that would disagree but before you do just try some of these cod recipes and then tell me what you think. EnjoyAdd to Favourites